Celebrate neurodiversity and mental health as a part of VERA On Your Block Week on Friday, May 17th with sensory-friendly music by PickleBoy (members of Great Grandpa), Jason Clackley (of The Exquisites) & more, open-mic slots for attendees, tabling from key program partners, and an information session on how to get involved.
$10 Suggested Donation | Nobody turned away for lack of funds | All are welcome
Neurodiversity Nights is The Vera Project’s new event series that celebrates our neurodiverse communities, with a special focus on the autism spectrum. Kicking off on May 17th, we’ll be hosting monthly shows planned by and for the neurodiverse young people in our community and beyond that include:
• Sensory-friendly musical performances by local and touring bands
• Speakers and tabling from vital service-based nonprofits and activist groups
• Open-mic & DJ slots for all participants
• Visual art showcases
• Creative job shadowing opportunities
• Civic engagement activities
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved with our neurodiverse community, learn more about program participation, and connect about partnerships and tabling requests.