Our Sensory Friendly certification is provided to properties that can show that they have awareness towards autism and sensory friendly environments. CSF Properties look to have resources available to this population as well as prepare their guests to enjoy many aspects of their property.
CSF properties have
The Sensory Accessible certification is provided to properties who have gone through onsite review and training and are committed to having their property accessible to all. Sensory accessibility goes across services and accommodations.
CSA properties have:
- Sensory Tools available to guests
- Social Narrative about the property available digitally and/or in book form to guests
- Safety Review and recommendation
- Review of the property Common areas (Lobby, check-in, restaurant)*Sensory Accessible properties should offer a sensory room|
- Review of the property’s Guest rooms |*Sensory Accessible properties must offer at least one sensory accessible room
- All Front of House Management staff must receive original SA training and 80% of FoH staff must take the training. Future staff should go through video training upon hire
- Reservation staff is trained on services to be offered
- Autism inclusive services are offered (examples are autism-trained child care workers, autism-sensitive events or activities)
- Working with Chef on menu options
Sensory Accessible Attractions
A theme park by design is meant to excite and stimulate. We feel that every individual should be able to access and enjoy what a theme park has to offer. Sensory Access will provide onsite evaluation and recommendations for a theme park to become Sensory Accessible.
- Rating of sensory aspects of each ride or attraction
- Rating of sensory aspects of entertainment
- Designing Sensory spaces for breaks
- Working with Chef on menu choices
- Working with Operations on accommodations for Autistic individual such as Line Policies, exit privileges and accessible opportunities
- Working with Operations on Signage
- Providing Social Narrative in digital format
- Creating Sensory Toolbag for guests
- Training Staff