Posted on July 11, 2018
autism acceptance, Chicago, Chicago Autism, Chicago sensory friendly, chicago sensory inclusion, chicago sensory inclusive, concert accessibility, concert sensory access, music festival accessibility, music festival ASD, music festival autism, music festival sensory access, music festival sensory accessibility, sensory inclusion, Sensory inclusive
We are excited to announce that Lollapalooza is going Sensory-Inclusive! With the help of Sensory Access, Lollapalooza is adding Sensory Access services to their popular four- day music festival. Those with sensory sensitivities can check in at the Access Center (The Access Center is located inside the festival grounds on Columbus Dr. just west of Buckingham Fountain) to speak with Sensory Access staff, and ask for a disability wristband if needed. Sensory Access will help with the following:
- access to disability viewing areas if needed for tactile sensory difficulties. Ask our staff for a disability wristband at the Access Center. This wristband is to show our team that you (plus one companion) are eligible to enter the wheelchair platform.Note: the wristband does not guarantee a spot in these areas. Both areas have a limited capacity and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The wristband is non-transferable.
- access to Disability entrance to avoid pushing and crowding – look for the wheelchair signs above the entrance lanes or ask a Festival Staff member to direct you to the lanes.
- creation of “quiet areas” around the park..a place that provides some respite from the crowds and noise yet still be able to hear the music, and escape the sun.
- access to support staff around the park – look for our black Sensory Access logo shirts!
- live twitter and instagram commentary on great places to watch stages from, where to escape the heat and how to best enjoy the festival with Sensory Sensitivities
- use of noise-reducing headphones (first-come, first served) and earplugs
- and much more!Follow us on Twitter and IG @SensoryAccess during festival days!